- Sign in to your GitHub account and navigate to Settings -> Developer settings.
- Click on Generate new token(classic) button.
- Enter a suitable description for the token, e.g., "Repo Tracker Workshop".
- For public repositories, leave all the scopes unchecked (you only need basic read access). If you want to sync data from your private repositories as well, check the "repo" scope.
- Click Generate token at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure to copy the generated token as you won't be able to see it again. Save it securely, as you will need it later.