Where does these data come from?
- Historical Data: http://gharchive.org/
- Realtime Data: https://docs.github.com/en/rest/activity/events#list-public-events
Why the stars(or other metrics) on this site is different from that on GitHub?
- GitHub /events api only publish WatchEvent(this means star), there is no UnWatchEvent;
- GitHub would lost data if there services were down;
- GitHub repo has switched between private and public;
- The repo data had issues, which were manually fixed by GitHub;
- The GitHub user login or repo name has changed;